One of issues pushing people apart, that was not a problem, or significantly less so in years past, is pornography.
Because I frequently focus on infidelity recovery and sexual intimacy enhancement situations, I have become very familiar with the often long-term negative effects of hardcore internet pornography on sexual intimacy, sexual performance, trust, fidelity and self-esteem in committed relationships. In short, I have seen many marriages, and relationships, crumble due to pornography.
According to Covenant Eyes:
- Thirty-five percent of downloads from the internet are pornographic. Forty million Americans say they regularly visit porn sites. Seventy percent of men aged 18–24 visit a porn site at least once per month. The largest consumer group of online porn is men between the ages of 35 and 49.
- Estimated revenues for sex-related businesses are around $15 billion in the United States — more than Major League Baseball, NFL and NBA revenues combined.
- A total of 28,258 users watch pornography every second. Twelve percent of all content on the internet is pornographic.
- One in five mobile searches are for pornography.
- Eighty-eight percent of scenes in porn films contain acts of physical aggression, and 49% of scenes contain verbal aggression.
- Higher percentages of porn site subscriptions come from zip codes that are more urban, higher than average in household income and have a higher degree of formal education.
- Ninety percent of teens and 96% of young adults are either encouraging, accepting or neutral when they talk about porn with their friends.
- Just 55% of adults 25 and older believe porn is wrong. Teens and young adults aged 13–24 believe not recycling is worse than viewing pornography.
- Sixty-eight percent of divorce cases involved one party meeting a new lover over the internet, and 56% had one party having “an obsessive interest in pornographic websites.
Pornography addiction causes isolation, anxiety, depression, compulsive sexual behavior and erectile dysfunction.
In addition, children are accessing pornography at alarming rates, inadvertently and intentionally. On children, even one exposure to hardcore internet pornography can have an immediate and damaging effects on the developing brain of a child. Some children can become get ‘hooked’ after one or two exposures to pornography and go to great lengths to gain access. There is also a correlation between pornography and sex trafficking.
Our Therapy Process